Thursday, September 15, 2011

Captain Snorkel. Also known as my father-in-law. He earned the nickname on a vacation to the British Virgin Islands.Somehow, it stuck. He loves all things sailing, and has passed that love on to my boys because of the trips and sleepovers on the sailboat that he and my lovely mother-in-law thake them on. Those kids don't know how good they have it. Anyhow, when the big six-oh came along, there was no question when it came to his birthday cake. None at all. This one was so fun to make, even my hubs got into it. He gets credit for the flippers and a whole bunch of the fish. I had no idea how much fun it is to share your passions with the one you love. Unfortunately for him, my attention span when he's explaining linear algebra and coding systems is awfully short. Try though I do, I think I might stick to basic ingredient measurement conversions when it comes to my dealing with numbers. Happy Birthday, Captain Snorkel! 


1 comment:

  1. yet again you're amazing! I need to have my birthday when I'm near you!

    ReplyDelete